22 September 2010

Pita chips

I previously shared my hummus recipe, so I would be criminally negligent if I didn't also convey how easy making your own pita chips is.

Homemade pita chips are a snap to make and are far cheaper than the stupidly expensive stuff you find at the supermarket.

These chips are merely salted (to maximize your appreciation of the hummus). Despite their simplicity I am pretty sure they are more addictive than nicotine.

Instructions: buy some pita bread (both regular and whole wheat pitas make good pita chips). Separate the two sides of each pita by cutting along the circumference with a knife or scissors. Cut each into triangular segments and place them on a baking sheet, rough side (inside) up. Brush or dribble olive oil onto each. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes. Turn the chips over and bake for 7 more minutes.

Try and eat just one. I challenge you.

Adapted from The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment